From two sisters who taught at Howard College to an architect and president of a land enhancement company, there had been several occupants of the two-story frame dwelling at the corner of West Fifth Avenue and Cedar Avenue on the aspect of Cameron Hill.
The residence had two front porches and was apparently created for many occupants.
In the early 1900s, it was occupied as a boarding dwelling.
Sarah W. Fowler and Susie M. Fowler ended up between the earliest people of 501 W. Fifth, which dated to at minimum 1887.
By 1888, Allen B. Strother and J.L. Davies had been there. Strother was an engineer for the Alabama Great Southern Railroad and Davies was a bookkeeper for Carter, Magill & Ewing.
Frank Fitch had the massive residence solo in 1889.
The upcoming year, architect John A. Mickey and James A. Williams found a home there. Williams was the president and supervisor of the Summit City Land and Improvement Corporation.
Functioning a boarding property there in the early 1900s ended up Anson L. People and then J.A. Johnson.
By 1920, the property was partitioned into the major portion and the 1/2 component. Sidney Boss had the principal residence and W.H. Poe the other.
In 1931, it was C.T. Woolf in the most important component and the other was vacant.
At the commence of Earth War II, Mrs. B.F. Henley had it divided into three sections. E.N. Soward was upstairs. B.C. Freeman experienced the 1/2.
Near the end, Pass up R.B. Harden presided in the household portion and L.F. Cox was still left with the 1/2.